It is unclear how long EssayBox.com has been in business, and where it is headquartered. The company doesn’t supply this information on its website, and we haven’t been able to locate its corporate registration information. We called the customer support department and asked these questions, and were told that it was based in Florida and had been in business for 12 years. The heavy Slavic accent of the customer service agent indicates that the customer support department is probably located in Eastern Europe.
The EssayBox website is well-organized with links to pricing, an “about us” page, FAQ, and “contact us” pages. Most of the important information is located on the home page.
What follows is all we have researched and found out about EssayBox.com.
EssayBox Pricing System
Until recently, EssayBox prices were above average for the industry – $16.00 per page for a high school essay with a 15-day deadline. This was a detractor because they have revised their pricing system downward. New pricing begins at $11.40 per page and graduates up to $57 per page for PhD level work with an urgent 3-hour deadline. These newer prices make EssayBox very competitive.
There are also some discount incentive programs. All new customers get a 5% discount on their orders. This used to be 10% but was reduced when the company reduced its prices. Beyond that, there is a rewards program. Every time a customer places an order on EssayBox.com, he will receive “reward dollars” that can be used toward future orders.
At present, we can say that EssayBox.com pricing is within the average range, and that is an incentive for students to take a longer look at what it offers.
Types of Services EssayBox Offers
EssayBox is primarily a writing service for students. And on its home page, it provides academic subject field categories for which it has degreed and qualified writers.
According to EssayBox.com, it will provide any type of academic product or service to students from the high school to graduate and postgraduate levels of study. It states that it has native English-speaking researchers and writers with the qualifications to do just that. We are not given much information on how writers are recruited, screened, and hired, however, and we would like to see something about this process.
The biggest factor in the products and services a company offers is the quality that is produced and delivered to customers. And so, we spent a lot of time looking at what EssayBox customers have had to say about what they have received.
The story is mixed. While many customers state that they were pleased, quite a number have had negative things to say about EssayBox.com, including the following:
- Writing quality was not as expected from ENL writers. There were errors in grammar and composition that suggested the use of ESL writers
- Some complained that the research resources used for essays and papers were of poor quality, outdated, and didn`t meet the expectations of their instructors
- Revisions are guaranteed, according to a policy, but a number of customers state that getting those revisions and getting them quickly did not always happen.
We looked at a few samples on the EssayBox site. We read one on Civil Rights Issues and one titled Training vs. Education.
- In both examples, we could not find a solid thesis statement that governed the essay development
- Both examples ended without any conclusion that would wrap up the essay
- In the case of the civil rights essay, there were no citations to back up a number of the points.
The issues we found in the samples on EssayBox.com would render them not submissible for a decent grade.
EssayBox Payment Options
Students may choose from among five bank cards – American Express, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or PayPal. The fact that PayPal is an option on EssayBox.com provides a secure payment method because PayPal now allows consumers to check out using their cards, even though they do not have a PayPal account.
No customers have raised an issue about the security of payment methods.
There are four policies published on EssayBox.com – Terms and Conditions agreement, Money Back, Revision, and Privacy. These provide certain guarantees and conditions under which those guarantees apply.
But students can also review the guarantees on the home page, as they are clearly spelled out.
- 100% original content: EssayBox.com states that every piece of writing is checked for plagiarism, using a software program before it is sent out to a client
- Expert writers: The company states that it uses both ENL and ESL writers but that all are assigned to orders based upon their education and experience
- 24/7 Customer service: The customer service department can be accessed by phone, email, or live chat
- 100% customer satisfaction: EssayBox.com states that it has a revision policy that guarantees unlimited free revisions. These must be requested within 10 days of a delivered product and cannot alter the original instructions. For longer orders, customers have 20 days to request revisions
- Privacy and confidentiality: Customers supply personal information with their orders – name, email address, and phone number. EssayBox guarantees that it will never share personal information of customers with any third-party. In fact, all customers are assigned ID numbers and are only known by that by their writers and elsewhere on the site
- Money Back: Students are urged to read the money back policy on EssayBox.com because there are very strict conditions for when a partial or full refund is provided and how a customer completes a refund request.
While satisfaction is not guaranteed for these extras, customers can order and pay for fee-based extras on the order form – an ENL writer, one of the EssayBox.com top writers, a plagiarism report, copies of resources, an extra editor’s check, a one-page summary, and priority customer support. Whether these are worth the price is up to the customer.
Is EssayBox.com Legit?
We can say without doubt that EssayBox is a legitimate writing service. While customers do have complaints about products and services, they all state that they do receive their ordered products and services, mostly on time.
Further evidence of its legitimacy is the fact that it has been in business for a while, has written policies, and has taken the time to craft a solid website. Add to that the fact that there is a customer service department that responds to customers – by phone and live chat.
EssayBox Pros and Cons
We always like to list the major pros and cons that we find. It helps students to make a better decision.
- Well-organized website that provides all of the information about products, services, pricing, and policies
- Honesty in the admission that they use ESL writers and that ENL writers will cost extra
- On-time delivery of products and services
- Written policies that let students know their rights and responsibilities
- Questionable quality based on customer feedback and the samples published on the EssayBox website
- Use of ESL writers unless customers are willing to pay more for an ENL writer
- Revisions may have to be requested more than once, according to some customers
To Sum Up
EssayBox.com is a legitimate writing service that claims to have been in business for 12 years. It has a solid website, provides all of the details that a visitor will want to know about the process, the policies, the prices, and more. In that respect, there is honesty and transparency.
But a writing service is only as good as the quality it produces. In the case of EssayBox, quality is certainly inconsistent. We would strongly recommend that students not risk the chance of getting a poor writer and thus poor quality. There are plenty of writing services that produce consistent high quality – stick with them.