According to its website, PaperHelp has been in the writing business since 2008. This has certainly given plenty of time for customers to speak to their experiences with the company, and we have included summaries of them in this PaperHelp review.
The company website is attractive and easily navigated. Links on the landing page give a visitor information on products and services offered by PaperHelp, pricing, contact information, testimonials, and FAQ’s. This landing page itself also provides the basic information about order placement, features and benefits to its customers, and the expertise of writers.
This review should give you a detailed and objective run-down, so that you can make a wise decision about using PaperHelp to meet your writing needs.
PaperHelp Pricing System
Navigating to the pricing link will take visitors to specific information about basic prices for the variety of writing products, as well as such services as editing and proofreading and homework help. That PaperHelp offers.
First, there are categories of writing products and other services – academic writing from scratch, editing and proofreading, coursework and problem solving, multiple-choice test-taking, and admissions essays.
Within each category on PaperHelp.org, pricing is based upon the academic level, the number of pages, and the deadline requirement.
Prices begin at $10 a page for high school writing from scratch, with a 20-day deadline, and move up to $56 per page for PhD level orders that have a much shorter deadline of just hours.
Among the categories offered by PaperHelp.org, admissions and scholarship essay orders are the priciest, going from $41 per page for high school applicants to undergraduate programs, with a 20-day deadline.
Customers will find that there are discounts, but the explanations of them and how to get them are somewhat confusing. First, PaperHelp.org tells customers that they can get up to a 20% discount if they continue to place more orders. At another point, we are told that there is a 5% discount for orders over $500 and a 10% discount for orders totaling over $1,000. We checked with a customer support agent but co9uld not get a clear answer.
PaperHelp.org also offers a referral incentive. If a customer refers someone and that individual places an order, the referred person gets a 10% discount. The original customer receives a 10% discount to use on a future order.
Types of Services Offered by PaperHelp.org
There are two dropdowns at top of the PaperHelp home page that speak to products and services. They include all kinds of academic writing products – essays, projects, analyses, presentations, lab reports, literature reviews, case studies, research papers and projects, literature reviews, coursework/assignment help, and even annotated bibliographies.
Students place orders via and on-site order form. They are prompted to give lots of details regarding what they need. PaperHelp then looks among its writers and assigns one they state is best qualified to complete the project.
Students get a personal account page on PaperHelp.org to check on progress and then approve of the final order or ask for revisions if they are not satisfied. This is pretty standard for the industry.
Of course, we look at quality of research and writing. Unfortunately, there are no samples on the website to assess quality for ourselves; however, we have a lot of customer comments and feedback to draw upon.
Customer feedback on PaperHelp quality is mixed. It seems that the younger the student, the more satisfied he is with what he gets. As students move into college and graduate school, however, they are not as happy with what is produced. Here are the main complaints that we have found or that were delivered to us:
- Students at the university level need primary resources and they state that writers on PaperHelp.org use secondary resources that are not acceptable
- Many students state that the grammar and composition is poor and reflects ESL writers
- Revision requests are not always honored, or students have long wait times to get them done. Some say they have to make requests several times
PaperHelp.org Payment Options
Customers may use most major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Apple Pay and others. There is no way to pay through PayPal, although that method is becoming a popular way to pay. Customers don’t need a PayPal account to use their own bank cards through this processing method.
No PaperHelp.org customers have raised concerns that their financial information may have been compromised, and so we conclude that the company is using some type of secure SSL-certified system for payment processing. Still, it would be nice to be informed of this on the website, so that customers would feel fully comfortable giving out their card information.
Here is where we run into major problems with PaperHelp.org:
- There are no written policies that provide guarantees
- Just claiming to provide guarantees does not make it so, and many customers have lodged complaints related to this
Here are the stated “guarantees”:
- Unlimited free revisions: if requested within 7 days of receipt of the product
- No plagiarism: the company states it has its own software to check for this
- Confidentiality and privacy: there is no written policy on this. Customers will have to take PaperHelp.org word for it
- Secure payment methods: while this seems to be the case, there should be details about how financial information is secured
- 24/7 Customer service: this seems to be the case. We contacted the customer service department on 3 occasions, at different times and were able to speak with an agent. The interactions were not wonderful, given the thick foreign accents that made it hard to understand what was being said.
If students want higher quality, they will have to order the “extras” during the checkout process on PaperHelp.org. All of these are fee-based and can bring the total cost of an order to a very high price. Among those extras are the following:
- Requesting a preferred writer based upon past experience
- Choosing a writer level beyond the basic – Advanced or Top
- VIP customer service
- Plagiarism report
- Details on sources
- Table of contents or outline
- A final editor check
- Charts or other graphics
Is PaperHelp.org Legit?
We have concluded that PaperHelp is legitimate. We say this because customers do receive the products and services they order. The other factor of legitimacy is 12 years of being in the industry.
Legitimacy does not equate with quality, and students should remember this as they look for professionalism and transparency. The lack of written policies on PaperHelp.org should be a cause for concern.
Pros and Cons
We like to produce a short list of pros and cons that students can digest quickly as they consider a writing service like PaperHelp.
- A well-organized website that provides information in a clear way
- A comprehensive array of product and service offerings
- Options, even though fee-based, that can contribute to a better end product
- Reasonable pricing that is made less reasonable by so many fee-based add-ons if students need a higher quality product. Other writing services do not charge for many of these.
- No written policies that provide set guarantees. Customers just have to accept that the company adheres to its promises.
- Customer dis-satisfaction, especially at the college and graduate school levels
- Bad reviews on reputable sites such as Sitejabber
- Quality is totally dependent upon assigned writers, and their skills are obviously varied
- Too much risk involved when choosing the basic writing package. Who is assigned to an order is really a matter of luck
To Sum Up
PaperHelp.org is a well-known writing service after 12 years in the business. But given this amount of time, we would think that the company would have refined and improved its business model for greater professionalism and transparency. The absence of written policies is a big negative; there are too many extra charges; customer service agents are obviously foreigners; and revisions requests are not responded to quickly enough. This company needs to make improvements, and, until these are made, we cannot recommend PaperHelp. There is just too much risk.
Students would be far better served by choosing a writing service that has received consistently high ratings.